Jim and I both took a day off to attend the barn building kickoff party, and it kicked off with a bang. It went from us working out there by ourselves to 15 or so people descending upon property at once. When the builders arrived, I was surprised and very pleased to see a group of Amish men exit the van. It was then that I felt as if we had received the blessing jackpot. Anyone who tries to follow the teachings of Jesus is my brother or sister in Christ.
"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23-24
There were plenty of things that did not go smoothly with Store M:
1. You need 24 special order poles for our pole barn kit you purchased? Okay, we will ship all but 3 of them, and you will need to wait a another week. (Our awesome builders solved that problem for us, and we were not delayed a week.) This was not the only item they miscounted.
2. You need that delivered? Sorry, our delivery truck broke down, and we can't figure out how to get it out there where you need it. Jim and I spent 3 evenings after work picking up our items on his trailer which was a bit scary for the heavy stuff. That said, we did it. Wonder if they ever got that truck fixed after a week of missing deliveries.
3. You need the trusses earlier? Sorry, the manufacturer said they cannot do that. Jim had called the manufacturer after Store M said they would check, and the manufacturer confirmed that COULD do it. Store M basically did not contact the manufacturer. Good thing Jim did.
4. You want 2 of your 3 garage doors cancelled? Sorry, special order, we cannot do that. Oh wait, we did it. In fact, we cancelled all 3 of them. Too bad you actually wanted one of them.
5. You want to leave with those items you purchased and have a receipt to prove it? Sorry, our system is showing they aren't even out back. We cannot let you leave. This is where I told them they either needed to let us out of the gate or get a manager. They let us out.
Despite the hassle, or perhaps because of it, it was extra sweet when that barn was complete. Store M could not dampen the joy we both felt when we saw that barn. It is a work of art! Did I mention how awesome the the builders were? God is good, ALL the time.
"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope..." Romans 5:3-4
Of course, this post is much better with pictures....
|Stick soldiers (aka the poles)...|
|Work of art :-)|
It was an amazing week!